Leading UK designer and manufacturer of packaging and product-handling machinery
To target new and existing customers with higher value machinery, with a unit value of £250k plus. At the same time, to find new customers for a new robotic loading solution which was quite unlike the products the company was traditionally known for.
The target market was the food manufacturing sector in the UK and Ireland, and involved decision makers ranging from project, product and engineering managers to commercial and financial directors.
Recognising that the client’s own database was was out of date and unlikely to contain those contacts who would specify in the new solution, the first step was to research decision making team members among the UK’s largest manufacturers.
Messaging relevant to the roles and their respective goals and challenges was developed for use by telephone and email to secure the interest and engagement of prospective buyers. In addition, visits to the clients factory were used to hook prospective customers and allow them to see their own products actively being loaded by the innovative robotic machine.
- Revenue forecast £600k for a 5.4% cost of marketing, assuming a 10% win rate
- Sales appointments with qualified buyers in organisations including United Biscuits, Nestle, 2 Sisters Food Group, and Princes Foods
- Sales Pipeline valued at £4.8m
- A database of prime target prospects with rich intelligence on incumbent providers of machinery, buying factors and triggers enabling future marketing to be strategically targeted
- Awareness for the brand and the new technology
You’ve got us into places we’ve never been able to get into before”